Certified translation of Czech marriage certificate from Czech to English
You may need a certified translation of a Czech marriage certificate into English if, for example:
- You are a Czech national permanently resident in the UK married to a British national and want to notify the British authorities (Home Office Border Agency, bank, DVLA, etc) about the change of your family status or marital surname.
- You are a Czech citizen and applying for a visa to a foreign country, for example Australia, USA, etc.
- You are a Czech national permanently resident in the UK and applying for a divorce of marriage.
Milada Cogginsová Zajíčková, owner of Absolute Czech Translations, provides certified translations of Czech marriage certificates which are accepted by all British authorities and authorities in other English speaking countries.
Certified translations of Czech marriage certificates into English for British authorities
For British authorities, such as registry offices, banks or the Home Office Border Agency, it is usually sufficient if the English translation is bound with a photocopy of the Czech marriage certificate and the translator’s certificate. This must contain the translator’s declaration, their contact details and information about their professional qualifications and membership of any professional organizations. Milada Cogginsová Zajíčková the owner of Absolute Czech Translations is a qualified member translator of the Institute of Translation and Interpreting (MITI).
Certified translations of Czech marriage certificates into English for authorities in other English speaking countries
Some foreign authorities demand that the Czech marriage certificate must be legalised by an apositille issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Czech Republic before it is translated into English. In some cases they also insist that the translation must be bound with the original document. If the translation is needed for a visa application to Australia, the Australian authorities request that the translator must have a professional membership of some British translation organisation, such as the Institute of Translation and Interpreting. Other authorities demand that the translation must be bound with the translator’s certificate with a verification round stamp with the Czech national emblem.
How to order a certified translation of a Czech marriage certificate into English
- As all authorities have different requirements, it is recommended that clients should firstly find out the following information:
- Is it sufficient to bind the translation with the photocopy of the marraige certificate, or does the translation have to be bound with the original Czech marriage certificate?
- Does the Czech marriage certificate need to be first legalised by an apostille stamp issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Czech Republic, or not?
- Does the authority prefer if the translator’s certificate contains the verification round stamp with the Czech national emblem, or a membership seal of the British professional organisation The Institute of Translation and Interpreting?
- Contact Absolute Czech Translations to obtain a quote for the translation and make payment by bank transfer or PayPal.
- If it is sufficient to bind the translation with a photocopy, please scan the marriage certificate and email it to Absolute Czech Translations. If it is necessary to bind the translation with the original, please post the marriage certificate as a recorded delivery to:
Milada Cogginsová Zajíčková
Absolute Czech Translations
60 Nobles Close
Include with the document your full address where the translation is to be posted to, your telephone number and the date by which the translation is needed.
Certified translations of marriage certificates can generally be guaranteed to be carried out within 5 working days from receipt of the document and payment and posted back to the client by recorded delivery. However, if a translation is needed urgently, it can be sent quicker by Special delivery. Urgent jobs may incur additional fees.
Ministerstvo zahranicních vecí CR (Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Czech Republic)
Odbor konzulárních cinností- referát legalizace (Legalisation department)
Hradcanské nám. 5
110 00 Praha
Phone: 224 18 2188, 224 18 2153
Fax: 224 18 2527